Have questions? Give us a call:
Help them get the hang of Instructional Support
Instructional Support is tough. Nationwide, scores in this domain are significantly lower than scores in other CLASS domains, and it's challenging for coaches and teachers alike. Gain the confidence, skills, and strategies you need to help teachers improve their interactions (and their scores) with this online course.
Instructional Support Strategies Online for Coaches includes four modules:
- Essentials—Deepen your knowledge of Instructional Support interactions and get comfortable explaining them to teachers.
- Concept Development—Learn concrete strategies for helping teachers boost children’s higher-level thinking skills.
- Quality of Feedback—Learn how to help teachers improve the feedback they provide to children.
- Language Modeling—Gain strategies for improving the ways teachers facilitate and stimulate language use in the classroom.
Why We Recommend This
Participants deepen their understanding of Instructional Support as they prepare to support teachers. In an easy-to-use online environment, coaches:
- Answer interactive learning questions
- Watch authentic classroom and coaching videos
- Participate in moderated discussion boards
- Access printable resources for use with teachers
Who Uses This
Early childhood education leaders with in-depth CLASS content knowledge, including:
- Coaches and mentors
- Center directors
- Technical assistance providers
- Others supporting teachers’ and providers’ professional growth
Although previous CLASS certification is not required, we recommend that participants have in-depth CLASS content knowledge.