Have questions? Give us a call:
Become a CLASS certified observer to reliably assess teaching quality using CLASS
CLASS Observation Training is a 2-day in-person training where participants gain an in-depth understanding of the CLASS methodology and prepare to reliably assess teaching quality using CLASS.
Why Attend a CLASS Observation Training?
- Learn how to observe teacher-student interactions and capture meaningful data on classroom quality
- Prepare to conduct formal and informal teacher observations
- Build a strong foundation for beginning the CLASS journey. Develop CLASS fluency and satisfy a prerequisite for all CLASS coaching programs
- Research shows that CLASS improves teacher-student interactions, measures effective interactions across age levels and grades, and promotes academic gains.
Who is CLASS Observation Training For?
CLASS Observation Training is great for organizations that want to collect data to support local, state, and federal compliance requirements, and for organizations that want to understand and improve classroom quality.
Who Uses CLASS Observation Training:
CLASS Observation Training is great for organizations that want to collect data to support local, state, and federal compliance requirements, and for organizations that want to evaluate classroom quality.
What to Expect
- Training materials and a 2-month CLASS Video Library subscription
- Access to online reliability testing and automated feedback
- Certification upon successful completion of the CLASS Reliability Test
- CEUs for completion of training (amount varies by age and grade level)
How Can I Attend an Observation Training?
We make becoming a CLASS certified observer easy, with several ways you can attend CLASS observation training.
Virtual Training -
- Our CLASS observation training is now available virtually. This live, fully facilitated online training alternative to our in-person session lets you train to conduct CLASS observations from the comfort of your home or office.
On-Site Training -
- At an on-site training, a certified Teachstone trainer will facilitate an observation training at your organization. This option is ideal for organizations looking to train multiple observers at their convenience without incurring travel costs.
Regional Training -
- Regional trainings are a great way for individuals to become CLASS-certified observers or for organizations who would like to send staff to training sessions in a location. Offered 11 times a year, in major cities around the country, Teachstone Regional trainings are a great way to learn and network with others. Breakfast and lunch are included.
Hosted Training -
- With a hosted training, an organization provides a suitable venue and agrees to a minimum attendance requirement, either from their staff or by opening the event up to other organizations in the area. In exchange for coordinating these logistics, organizations avoid travel and can reduce training costs.