Student Agreement - Click to Review
Need to purchase more than one enrollment? Please chat with an agent or call 877-401-8007 to speak with someone now.
The CDA with CLASS is the only child development associate preparation program powered by CLASS. Designed to help organizations build a strong workforce and support individuals continuing their education, the Gold Standard Certified CDA with CLASS provides educators with a unique online and high-quality professional education experience. Educators can select from the unique offerings the program that best meets their needs and learning styles.
This 24-week online group course is facilitated by a friendly and helpful team of educators to guide you through the CDA process. Throughout the course, they will be available to answer questions, provide specific feedback and grade your assignments. They will also help you build your portfolio and coursework while growing your knowledge of CLASS. You will advance through the program with a community of other learners. Not only will you be prepared to earn the credential, you will learn skills for improving interactions with the children in your care. The CDA with CLASS program provides 120+ clock hours in content that spans infant - preschool ages. Work through your CDA training professional education on a guided, yet self-paced schedule from any device. The cost includes your choice of Infant-Toddler, or Preschool, or the Family Child Care CDA Competency Standards book.
With this offering you can choose to receive one of the following upon completion of the full program:
12 + CEUs (over 120 clock hours of professional education)
9 transferable College Credits
- Learners who complete this program will earn 9 transferable college credits. They will also have the option to apply and seamlessly enroll inWaldorf’s associate degree in early childhood education program. The 9 college credits earned through the CDA program will be applied to ECE 1010, ECE 2010, ECE 2020 - the learner would then take ECE 2030, ECE 2040, and 45 general education core requirements to earn their Associate's degree. Receiving 9 credits through the CDA program and transferring them to Waldorf's Associate does offer substantial cost savings for the learner.
- Waldorf University Equivalencies for College Credit as of Spring 2021:
- CDA with CLASS Course 1 Understanding Early Childhood Development = ECE 1010 Introduction to Early Childhood Development
- CDA with CLASS Course 2 Health, Safety, and Environment = ECE 2010 Early Childhood Health and Safety
- CDA with CLASS Course 3 Fundamentals of Teaching in Early Childhood = ECE 2020 Teaching and Learning in the Early Childhood Classroom
Course 1: Understanding Child Development
Understanding child development, including milestones for cognitive, physical, and social-emotional growth; first and second language acquisition, development delay, and introduction to the CLASS tool focused on high-quality teacher-student interactions.
Begin work on your Professional Portfolio
Course 2: Health, Safety, and Environment
Health, safety, and nutrition in early childhood settings, emergency preparedness, family engagement, community resources, and developmentally appropriate learning environments; learners complete the professional portfolio for the Council for Professional Recognition.
Complete your Professional Portfolio
Course 3: Application to Teaching and Learning
Overview of CLASS domains and strategies, planning affective lessons, managing time and space in the classroom, use of data to improve instruction, and meeting individual needs in diverse student populations.
Continue working on your Professional Portfolio
Course participants will receive a copy of this book:
The CDA National Credentialing Program and Competency Standards (Pre-K level or Infant-Toddler level)